Offers Over £875,000
A productive commercial conifer woodland with young second rotation crops and mature timber. Well-located in Stirlingshire.
• Planted area consist 85% spruce
• Fertile site conditions with high yields
• Impressive stand of mature timber ready to harvest
• Current weighted average age of 15 years
• High-quality internal forest road and good source of stone available
• Good access to timber processors via the B829
Ledard Forest was originally planted with conifers in 1984. In 2018 the southern part of the forest (37.77 ha) was harvested and a deer fence was erected to enclose the entire property. In spring 2019 the felled areas were replanted. The young trees are now well established and showing excellent growth. The property is situated on fertile, free-draining brown soils which produce high yielding crops. The gentle gradient is easy to work and reaches a height of circa 280m above sea level at the highest point.
17.56 ha of mature crops remain at the northern part of the property. This stand holds an impressive volume of timber which, subject to obtaining a Felling License, is ready to harvest within the next 2 years.